White Colne

Parish Council

Page 7 Page 6 Home Page 2 Page 3 Page 5 Page 8 Page 9

White Colne

Parish Council

White Colne

Parish Council

White Colne Community Design Group Archive

Page 10 Page 40 Page 4 #Anchor1

White Colne

Parish Council

Page 7 Page 6 Home Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 8

White Colne

Parish Council

White Colne

Parish Council

Page 10 Page 40 Page 9 #Anchor1


WHITE COLNE COMMUNITY DESIGN GROUP

MINUTES OF MEETING: MONDAY12TH OCTOBER 2009



Meeting attended by Sarah Adlem (Chair), Martin Allison, Colin Ellard, Richard Gourlay, Peter Norris, Chris Pearcey, Rita Pearcey (Sec), Dawn Trusson, John Watt and Jan Cole from RCCE.


1. UPDATE FROM MEMBERS ON ACTIVITY SINCE LAST MEETING


RP  Time spent on the project by volunteers since the last meeting was recorded and will be added to the Volunteer Time Log.  Consultation Diary will be updated accordingly.

2. EXPENSES

 Sarah has a claim for postage and Rita has a claim for printing.  Both will submit to David Williams.


3. QUESTIONNAIRE


Feedback to the Group:  To find out the response rate to the questionnaire, Richard was to check the number actually printed so that we can calculate the number delivered and collected, however, a number of people mislaid their first questionnaire and a duplicate was handed to them by the collector.  Jan suggested that we add up the number of people on the Electoral Register to calculate the correct percentage returned.


Warwick has produced a preliminary report which was quickly discussed and we will await the final version.


Agreed that we ask Warwick to collate the three ‘open’ questions at a cost of £100.  The comments will be matched up to the roads - there will be no charge to do this.

SA       We should ask Warwick to produce data in a Word or Excel format so that we can

SA adapt it for the VDS document.  Sarah, Rita & Chris will check the draft report for mistakes

R&CP so that, if there are any, Sarah can advise them at the same time.


Feedback to the Village:  Because of the poor turn-out at our last event it was decided that our time and costs would be better spent getting on with the production of the VDS document rather than holding an event to give villagers feedback on the questionnaire.  Instead we will ask Warwick if they can also produce a copy of their report in pdf format so that it can go on the

Website. Jan suggested we also do a summary of the report covering two or three key things

Anal which should be delivered to all households and provide contact information for villagers if they

Grp have any comments or problems with the content.  We will host an event in due course so that everyone has the opportunity to see the draft VDS document thus giving a second opportunity for comment before the document goes to print.


4.        YOUNG PEOPLES’ QUESTIONNAIRE


Poor response to this questionnaire – only 18 replies.  Sarah has summarised the responses

RP which we briefly discussed and Rita will send a copy to members of the group.


5. VDS DOCUMENT – THE NEXT STAGE


We decided to have two groups.  One group will look at the Questionnaire results, and what they show, meet with BDC Planning re planning guidelines and decide how to put all the information in the VDS document.  A second group will compile the VDS document.   Groups will be:


Analysis of Questionnaire Results: Colin, Dawn, Sarah, Rita and Martin

Compile VDS document:  Colin, Richard, John, Peter, Chris


Sarah will e-mail suggested dates for the first ‘Analysis’ meeting when the final report is received from Warwick.


Jan provided us with useful templates put together by Bulmer when they analysed their questionnaire results.  This provided a good audit trail and structure.


Peter produced examples of the work which he has already undertaken towards the compilation of the VDS document including a contents page which Jan said gives a good shape as to how the document could look.  After researching many other VDS’s Peter concluded that it will be difficult to produce a document which is original but Jan felt that the work he has already done will give an excellent start to the ‘Compilation’ group.


Discussed the size of the document which will probably be about 30 pages but could go to 40.  We should contact Sarah Few regarding the design and Jan warned us that some VDSs look a bit like an estate agents brochures so we should avoid this.


We looked at two examples of character assessments which Peter had produced and he suggested that other members of the group produce examples of their character assessments in a similar way.  The group quite liked the ‘boxes’ used by Middleton in their document which highlight guidelines.


Jan pointed out that topics raised in our questionnaire such as ‘speeding’  are not planning related unless for example they relate to the design of a SID, village gateway etc.  However, non planning related topics could feature in Section 3  - The Village Today or in an appendix.


At present the response rate looks like 47% which Jan said is a very good.  We will have a final percentage once the names have been added up on the Electoral Register.


Jan suggested that the content for Sections 3 & 5 will come from the questionnaire as will the Guidelines (Section 6) unless they are specific to certain areas.


6. ANY OTHER BUSINESS


The group looked at the latest planning application for 41 Colchester Road and discussed how we would comment on the plans in the light of the work we have carried out to date and the responses to the questionnaire.


Concluded that all the properties in that area differ slightly in design and any development should take that into account and each property should be individualised.  Consider the content of our VDS 6.1 and 6.2 – Style, Mix of Buildings, Materials and components.  New build should be in character and such a development should blend in with the street scene.


7. DATE OF NEXT MEETING AND MEETINGS IN 2010

 Monday 9th November

Future meetings: 14th December, 11th January 2010,, 8th February 2010.  Further dates for 2010 to be decided at another meeting.


White Colne


ARCHIVE

 click here to view the VILLAGE DESIGN STATEMENT QUESTIONNAIRE PRIZE DRAW RESULTS

PRIZE DRAW RESULTS

VILLAGE DESIGN STATEMENT QUESTIONNAIRE


The Prize Draw took place at the Quiz Night on Friday 16th October and the winners are:

 

                                                                  1st  Prize     Max Alexander      £100

                                                                  2nd Prize     Pat Tilley                £30 Voucher from Riverside Spice 

                                            Young People's Prize:    George Gill            £40 

 

Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete the Questionnaire.  The response rate was 50% which will give a good cross-section of the community’s views for inclusion in the Village Design Statement.  The results are being analysed and will be published on the website as soon as they are available.  A summary will also be distributed to all households in due course.


Rita Pearcey





#top #top #top