White Colne Parish Council Minutes
WHITE COLNE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held atThe Village Hall,
Bures Road, White Colne on Tuesday 21st April 2015 at 7.15 pm.
Present: Cllr Bond (later), Cllr Derby, Cllr Taylor (Chairman), Cllr Pearcey.
Also Present: Clerk D Williams, Braintree District Council (BDC) Cllr Spray, and 7
members of the public attended.
715. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – Cllr Giles, Cllr Watt, Cllr Webb, Essex ounty Cllr Pike, BDC Cllr Siddall. Cllr Bond is to attend later.
716. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS Cllr Derby declared an interest in minute 718 as she is a neighbour of the applicant. She will remain in the meeting but not vote on any issue regarding this minute.
PUBLIC QUESTIONS AND STATEMENTS
The meeting was suspended for public questions and statements. A parishioner asked if there was any progress in filling in the gully between the village hall drive and the road. The potholes are also getting larger in the village hall drive. A parishioner agreed and said that the problem is urgent. The meeting resumed.
717. CONSIDERATION OF ISSUES RAISED AT PUBLIC QUESTION TIME
Cllr Taylor said that these issues would be dealt with.
The meeting was suspended at 7.18pm, as there was not a quorum to consider the next item, and resumed at 7.57pm as Cllr Bond joined the meeting.
718. PLANNING MATTERS
15/00081/FUL Toad Hall, Colchester Road – Erection of single side extensions, amendments to approved and partially implemented scheme – No objection but would endorse the comments of the Historic Buildings Consultant in his letter of 9th April that the revised drawings relating to this application represent the upper limit in size of what would be acceptable on this site. If Braintree District Council are minded to approve this application,consideration should be given to the neighbour’s comments at 44 Colneford Hill who has concerns that the trees which act as a barrier between his property and Toad Hall are not damaged in any way during these proposed works.
719. FINANCIAL MATTERS 4 cheques were approved for payment. These items will be listed on the Financial Statement to be submitted in May.
720. ANY OTHER BUSINESS Cllr Pearcey said that the fence at the rear of the village hall needed repairing, and it was agreed that Scott Edwards is asked to undertake this repair urgently as it is a Health and Safety issue.
Cllr Pearcey said that the works to the village green are due to be started, and said that the parish council should have clarification from BDC that this work would be funded by the S.106 monies due for the development at 41 Colchester
Road. The meeting was suspended and Cllr Taylor asked District Cllr Spray if she could please follow up the parish council’s requests to BDC regarding this. She agreed. The meeting was resumed.
There being no further business the meeting was closed at 8.12 pm.