Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 40

White Colne


Page 6 Home Page 2 Page 3 Page 4

White Colne

Page 5 #Anchor1

White Colne

Parish Council

Page 7 Page 6 Home Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 8

White Colne

Parish Council


Page 10 Page 40 Page 9 #Anchor1

White Colne Community Design Group Archive

WHITE COLNE COMMUNITY DESIGN GROUP

MINUTES OF MEETING  

12th January 2009


1. Meeting attended by: Sarah Adlem (Chair), Martin Allison, Colin Ellard, Richard Gourlay, Peter Norris, Chris Pearcey,

                                        Rita Pearcey (Secretary), Dawn Trusson, John Watt


2. UPDATE VOLUNTEER LOG, CONSULTATION DIARY, EXPENSES


Sarah and Rita explained that we need to keep a spreadsheet recording the time spent on the project by volunteers, in accordance with RCCE’s guidelines.  Members gave details of time spent on the project since the last meeting. Updated spreadsheet ‘Time Log’ attached.


A further spreadsheet needs to be kept recording the consultation process, effectively a diary of meetings, events, publication etc. involved in producing the VDS.  This spreadsheet needs to be submitted with the final VDS document.  Discussed additions to the spreadsheet since last meeting.  Updated spreadsheet ‘Consultation Process’ attached.


Sarah advised that expenses should be detailed on a slip of paper, with a VAT receipt if applicable, and sent to David Williams, Clerk to the Parish Council who will issue a cheque to reimburse.  Expenses claims can be handed to Sarah (or Chris) at our meetings who will pass them to David at the next Parish Council meeting but claims submitted this way could be delayed as PC meetings are held every other month.


3. GRANT APPLICATION UPDATE


Sarah has today received a letter confirming that the Greenfield grant of £5000 has been awarded and the funds will be credited to the Parish Council’s bank account.  David Williams will keep a spreadsheet showing how the group spends the money in producing the VDS and Greenfield will need an update on the project in six months time.


4. PROJECT PLAN


Rita produced a project plan spreadsheet (‘Timeline’) and copies were circulated at the meeting for discussion.  A preliminary plan was discussed which would see the project completed by the end of 2010.  Peter raised a concern that if we allow ourselves a lenient timeframe, it will take that long to complete, whereas a tighter timeframe could possibly speed up the project. Chris endorsed Peter’s comment.  It was agreed that we all want to complete the VDS as quickly as possible because land  could soon become available for development in the village.  ‘Timeline’ Preliminary Plan attached  (youth involvement will be shaded when Sarah follows up her letter of 12th January to Earls Colne School re childrens’ involvement in project).


5. QUESTIONNAIRE SUB GROUP FORMATION


Martin, Colin, Chris and John volunteered to form a sub group to produce the questionnaire.


6. VILLAGE CHARACTER PHOTO-FUN DAY – SATURDAY 9TH MAY 2009


Area split: Discussed the character areas of the village and, provisionally, it was decided they will be divided as follows:

· Conservation Area (inc. Village Green) and other buildings of interest

· Mixed Residential

· Outlying Countryside

· Commercial Areas

· Sports, Leisure & Open Space


Programme: It was agreed that photography on the day should be concentrated on the area around the Village Green and Colchester Road.  The steering group will undertake the photography in outlying parts of the village and produce photographs etc. for comment on the day.  We also need to have surveys and photographs of the Village Green and Colchester Road areas prior to the day for use as prompts and in case of bad weather.  This surveys and photography will be done as follows:


Village Green, Colne Park Road & Colneford Hill -  Colin, Richard & Dawn

Colchester Road to Bures Road East - Sarah & Chris

Colchester Road to Bures Road West & Bures Road to Hill Farm – Martin & John


Discussed the inclusion of a children’s colouring competition.  Sketches created from photographs of the village could be sent out with the publicity material and children could bring their picture to the hall to exhibit on the day.  Prize for the best picture.  Richard volunteered to do sample illustrations.


Villagers will be split into groups to cover an area and a leader appointed for the group.  Steering group members will go along with each group and record observations and comments.  Groups will return to the hall having completed a summary of the photographs they have taken and giving the reason why they were taken and what they liked or disliked about the picture etc.


Preliminary suggestion for programme:


10:00 – 10:30  Registration and coffee

10:30 – 10:45  Introduction, outline day and split into groups

10:45 – 12:00  Photo walk-about.  Areas to be photographed: Village Green, Colchester Road, Bures Road to Village Hall

12:00 – 13:00  Lunch

13:00 – 15:00  Character assessment session


Photography equipment and logistics:  John will bring a computer, and a printer with a universal card reader which has the capacity to accept most photo cards.  Sarah will bring the History Group’s computer.  Villagers need to bring their own cameras.  Photos to be printed in thumb nail format and special pictures will be blown up.  We must remember to print a warning in the March edition of White Colne News that villagers may see people taking pictures of their house for this project.


Lunch:  Agreed that we should provide a sandwich lunch and buy platters from M&S, Waitrose or Sainsbury’s.  Rita will get costings and we will decide whether or not to ask villagers in the publicity material if they would like to have lunch to give us an idea of the number to cater for.


Publicity:

§ Flyer already distributed in December

§ Event features on the new Parish Council’s Calendar

§ Press release to be prepared for Halstead Gazette

§ Articles to be prepared for The Higgler, The Villager, Neighbourhood News and The Connection

 

Richard and Chris will find out deadlines for copy and circulate their draft wording (based on the lines of the flyer) to members of group for their input prior to final copy.


7. ANY OTHER BUSINESS AND DATE OF NEXT MEETING/S


No other business.  The next meeting will be on Monday 9th February at 7:30 in the Village Hall .  Meetings for the rest of 2009 have been arranged for 7:30 in the Village Hall on:

9th February, 9th March, 30th March, 27th April, 11th May, 8th June, 13th July, 10th August, 14th September, 12th October,

9th November


White Colne


ARCHIVE

Page 22

White Colne Community Design Group  Minutes - Previous Years - 2009

(no meeting was held in September)

#P11PCNewsletterJanuary #P11PCNewsletterJanuary